THE ANATOMY OF THE CANNABIS PLANT
Few modern symbols are as virtual and easily recognizable as the hemp leaf. However, due to the prejudice, misinformation and misunderstanding that accompanies the plant, many people have never seen an adult plant close up.
This article aims at familiarizing the past , but also of new cannabis consumers in every part of the plant. So let’s look at the anatomy of the cannabis plant, from root to flower .
What is hemp
Cannabis is a flowering , annual and dioecious plant. When male and female flowers are produced on different plants, these plants are called diagonal (eg pistachios). Dioecious plants are generally scarce.
Although there are many varieties of hemp, all plants have the same anatomy. The knowledge of the anatomy of cannabis, it is particularly important to the understanding of the same behavior of the plant.
Anatomy of the hemp plant
Commercial hemp comes from female species, characterized by long stalks and large leaves. The plant is enclosed in buds , which meet in a bunch at the top of the flower.
The trichomidia hemp, is a coating , covering the plant containing both terpenes and cannabinoids , such as cannabidiol (CBD).
The parts of hemp
The root cannabis system is completely below ground. It can be very long , almost as long as the whole plant, to be able to have access to groundwater . The roots are white and contain ‘ hairs’ which are responsible for the absorption of water and nutrients . When the roots are brown , this is an indication that the plant not be healthy and have aproblem .
The main functions of the roots are:
- The stabilization of the plant in the soil
- The absorption of water and nutrients
The stalk performs its main function of transport of water and nutrients through the plant. In addition, it allows him to remain upright and able to support the weight of the branches and flowers.
The length of the stalk can range from 0.2 to 6 meters, although it usually does not exceed 3 meters. It is very important that the plant’s stalks are firm enough to support the weight of the plant and properly transport the nutrients.
The leaves of cannabis have a very characteristic shape. They are palmoid (ie in the shape of a palm) with sawed margins. During the growth of the plant, the number of leaves increases to the maximum , which is 13 . The more leaflets the leaves have, the healthier the plant is.
Leaves fulfill very important functions in the plant, as they are responsible, inter alia, for photosynthesis and perspiration .
The main parts of the leaves are:
- Radius – This is the top of the leaf, which receives light directly and has a bright green color
- Envelope – The underside of the leaf, which is light green in color
- Stem – This is the angle that connects the leaf to the shoot
- Stipule – The symmetrical branch of the leaf at the base of the stem
- Leaflet / Leaflet – Each separate part of the leaf. Hemp has a composite leaf because it is made up of many small leaflets
- Vascular System – These are the leaf nerves and carry nutrients through them
The flowers are the most interesting part of the plant. In cannabis, the buds / seeds consumed are the flowers of the female plants and the flower is the reproductive organ of the plant, which is pollinated (pollinated) by the wind . In hemp, there are 2 types of flowers:
- Male flowers – They are branched and have stamens, where pollen is used to fertilize female flowers
- Female flowers – Female flowers only have a pimple. The piper consists of the stigma, the pole and the ovary
The parts of female blossoms are:
- Tail – It is the bud at the end of the plant and is also known as the eye. At the top of the plant is the top bud.
- Chalice – Usually tear-shaped and is where the ovaries are. It has high concentrations of hair containing THC and other cannabinoids
- Hyperus – Small hairs in the chalice. At the beginning they are white in color and as the plant matures they become red, orange, yellow or brown
- Hair – They are tiny glands that are responsible for the production of flower resin. They are mainly found in the flower, but are also found to a lesser extent on the leaves and stems. Hairs include cannabinoids and terpenes
As you can see from the above, cannabis is a truly impressive, complex and ancient plant that promises to do wonders for your overall health, providing a sense of physical well-being and protection for the body . So there is no reason to treat it as something unknown or afraid of it .
What you need to do is try it yourself to be convinced.
Hemp is the gift of nature that will literally change your life.